Author: Phil

How long does your battery last?

[Copy Link]
Posted at 3 DayBefore | All floors
djkoh Posted at 2017-10-19 00:38
Agreed. I tried just about everything in that document and I'm still lucky to squeeze out 6 hours.

Then the only reason that I can think of is that you have the screen on too much.

As I said in that Doc:
"Get your settings squared away and minimize your time with the screen on as much as you can.
Now if you’re the type who always has to have his GPS on, or is constantly scrolling through Facebook, then I can’t help you.  Your battery is going to die, and fast.  Go buy a second one to have on deck."

They promoted and sold this as a secondary device, specifically.
There are things you can do to get a day out of it, but as I also said in that Doc:
"The way that we normally use our smartphones, the screen is the biggest battery hog, by a WIDE margin, on pretty much every phone in existence.  But this phone doesn’t have a battery which can handle that kind of usage.  So you need to change the way that you use this phone, or you’re doomed to a perpetually dead battery."

If you try to use this as a primary phone, then you need to change the way that you use it, because your normal usage will be too much for this little battery.  That is expressly why they advertised this as a secondary phone.
You can absolutely use it as a primary phone, but you need to adjust *HOW* you use it.

Use props Report

Last edited by ddanon In 2017-10-19 01:36 Editor

Trust me, my normal usage is less than most would use it as a secondary phone.

My battery at this moment is at 35% and it says my screen accounts for 4% and wifi 2% with no other numbers. No clue what is taking 94%. So, nope, not the screen. I can count the times I have looked at my phone in the past 4 hours to about 6 times for less than a minute each.
If I can get 12 hours out of this phone, i'll be happy. If 16 hours, ecstatic. That's all I ask for. A far cry from what was promised, but 16 hours will suffice.

Use props Report

Last edited by calebrus44 In 2017-10-19 02:10 Editor
ddanon Posted at 2017-10-19 01:35
Trust me, my normal usage is less than most would use it as a secondary phone.

My battery at this  ...

Have you followed the link I posted previously and made the necessary adjustments?
I ask because I easily get 12 hours, and I do it with what is apparently much heavier use than you.  At the moment, I have been at work for 6.5 hours, with a heavier than average workload on it today, and I still have 60% left at the moment.  Screen is 14% of that, BT is 16% of that.  I routinely get more than the 12-16 hours that you want out of it with no problems at all.  By routinely, I mean every single day.
If you're using it even less than me and it still only lasts 6 hours, then I guarantee you that you have some settings that need to be tweaked (maybe within the phone, maybe within certain apps).

Notably:
Turn off Dura Speed.
White List whatever apps you want to keep open in the background.
Turn off GPS and Location services. Only use them when you’re actually using them. They’re BIG battery drains.
Turn off Standby Intelligent Power saving.
Turn off Battery Saver.
Turn off Backup and Restore.  This eats up a lot of power constantly connecting to Google’s servers.  You can turn it on again temporarily once in awhile when you want to back it up.

A lot of apps (like Facebook and such) that constantly check for notifications are also going to be a drain on the battery, for the same reason as Backup and Restore.  There are ways around this as well, by tweaking settings within the app, or by not using those apps at all (and instead replacing them or simply using your browser).

Use props Report

Last edited by ddanon In 2017-10-19 03:09 Editor
calebrus44 Posted at 2017-10-19 01:59
Have you followed the link I posted previously and made the necessary adjustments?
I ask because I  ...

Yuppo. Followed your each line item in your instructions on 3 separate occasions. Maybe there is a specific app conflicting with the phone or have a defective battery. I'll look for an app that can break down battery usage, as maybe that will help identify the culprit. But, since my last message to now my battery is now at 22% and I have not even looked at the screen until now to check the battery level.
ps. I have no social apps on this phone as I rarely even use social media. Only 3 main apps are whatsapp, google voice, and aquamail. Nothing else.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list