Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

remove or move Google search bar on Atom after update 01/2020

By
Su
on 1/6/20, 2:50 PM 823 views

How to remove or move Google search bar on Atom after update 01/2020? 

Thanks.

Su

I have the same issue, I could not find where to remove the search bar on the desktop screen.

Julien
on 1/7/20, 9:50 AM

I would also like to have the option to remove the search bar.

Richard Maier
on 1/7/20, 1:29 PM

Disabling the "Google" app didn't do it.

Richard Maier
on 1/7/20, 1:31 PM

Remoove it immediately!!!

Viacheslav Prokhorov
on 1/7/20, 5:45 PM

Martin Lilie
On 1/7/20, 12:51 PM

I have the same problem i cannot remove the Google search Bar after update to Android 9 from 2020. This is wasting 1/3 of space for apps this is for me not acceptable because it restricts the user experience of this phone a lot.

Chris Casberg
On 1/8/20, 5:48 PM

Same. The Atom's screen size is very small, and the immoveable search bar has now stolen a third of it. If I'd have known this would happen, I would not have updated. 

Paul Gardener
On 2/4/20, 11:26 AM

We can All use a different Launcher, like Nova or evie. Find them in the play store. Very customizable. Google bar now gone!

Paul Gardener
On 1/24/20, 12:43 PM

I also need to get rid of the search bar. I had the clock widget there, used all the time. I never use internet on this phone. I want the search bar gone. How can I roll back the update?

• Flag

Same problem here with my new atom. If there is no solution i will send it back to amazon.

Very poor.

K. Hind
on 2/4/20, 8:24 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!